Place of Interest in Idukki Thodupuzha
Thodupuzha is one of the fastest growing towns in Idukki District in Central Kerala and falls on the Thodupuzha-Pala (The Main Eastern Highway) Road. The town is known by the name of the river that flows through it. This picture-perfect town with its several scenic locations is a favourite site for shooting movies.
Thodupuzha is also the gateway to many other major tourist destinations like Munnar, Thekkady and Wagamon. Some of the top attractions in and around Thodupuzha are listed below.
- Thommankuthu waterfalls, about 20 km from Thodupuzha
- Malamkara Dam -8 km from Thodupuzha
- Ilaveezha Poonchira – scenic hill top, 20 kms from Thodupuzha
- Naadukaani – 25kms from Thodupuzha – Idukki road
- KURUVAKKAYAM waterfalls -18 km from Thodupuzha
- Njandirukki waterfalls-19 km from Thodupuzha
- Keezharkuthu waterfalls – 25 Km from Thodupuzha
- Idukki Arch dam – 45 Km from Thodupuzha
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary – 102 Km from Thodupuzha